The Lightboard was invented by Michael Peshkin from NorthWestern University. It was envisioned as a tool to help him make videos quicker and also make videos that interest his students too. Using a lightboard, the instructor can face the students as they write and their writing glows in front of them, enabling easier comprehension and communication. This also makes videos shorter as instructors can write and speak at the same time.
Benefits of a lightboard:
- Work with your equations and drawings more naturally while facing the camera
- Promotes learning - aids visual and auditory learners
- Promotes interaction with learners
- Capture high-quality video without blocking any important elements on the board
- Capture higher quality audio as movement is minimise